**At this time I am no longer accepting new tech edit clients. Thank you for your understanding**
So you’ve just finished writing your wondrously beautiful knitting pattern. Now what? Now you want to ensure that your pattern is as clear and professional as it can be, something your customers follow with ease. You need a tech editor.
With more than 11 years of knitting experience, including several years as a test and sample knitter and a number of independently published designs, and a recent completion of Joeli’s Learn to Tech Edit course, I am comfortable with both sides of the design experience. I’m an accountant by trade, so I love spreadsheets and if you’re looking for a nitpicky perfectionist, I’m your girl.
- Review pattern for clarity and general consistency (includes comparison to a style sheet, if applicable)
- Review pattern for typos, spelling errors, or grammatical mistakes
- Check for consistency of abbreviations, capitalization, numerical formatting, etc.
- Check for accuracy of mathematics, sizing, stitch counts, and grading
- Confirm that written instructions match any applicable charts or schematics
- Confirm that pattern is consistent with any photographs.
- Create schematics (Inkscape)
- Assistance with charts, both with creating written instructions or the chart itself (Stitchmastery)
- Assistance with developing a style sheet
I am able to work with all types of files and can easily transfer files through email or Dropbox. My rates start at $30 per hour. After reviewing your pattern, I will send you an estimate and certainly contact you should any unexpected complications arise.
Interested? Questions? Please contact me.